♬ Cast as Nancy in Bye Bye Birdie August 28th
♬ School started August 20th
♬ Returned from Interlochen Arts Camp on August 4th
♬ Moved into new house July 25th
Watching: Broadway Documentaries
Reading: The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson
Listening: New Moon Soundtrack
"you’ve got to get up every morning with a smile on your face, and show the world all the love in your heart."
more musicals i love → Beautiful: The Carole King Musical
Since the TFIOS movie became available On Demand and for digital download and people can now pause and zoom in and stuff, many people have asked who wrote the pages of An Imperial Affliction that appear in the movie.
I did. Executive producer Isaac Klausner asked me to write four pages (the two you see here and the final two pages of the book) for the movie edition of An Imperial Affliction, so I did. In this passage, Anna is recalling intense pain breaking through her high doses of narcotic pain medication.
The book that Hazel reads in the movie is just the four pages I wrote printed over and over again hundreds of times. I have a copy of it in my house; it’s my only souvenir from the movie set.
- this network will be a resource for people who love laura osnes to meet and share content
- looking for more friends to flail about a certain show with? look no further!
what do i get for joining?
- you’ll be part of a network of blogs that are also big laura osnes fans
- people looking for more blogs will be able to find you easier
- laura osnes posts of all sorts to add to your dash
- new friends who love the same performances as you do
- once every two weeks, i’ll be picking a new featured blog of the week that will be featured on the sidebar, so more chances to be promoted to others
- must be following me and the network tumblr
- reblog this application post and then fill out this survey
- be someone who regularly updates your blog and has a nice clean theme
- this should go without saying, but one of the primary topics that you blog about should be theatre/broadway related in some form
- if this gets less than 10 notes, i’ll probably cancel it because then it’s not really much of a network haha.
what happens next?
- the number of people i’ll choose will depend on how many people apply, but i’m estimating 15-20 for now.
- on september 15th, i will be picking people to join the network and making a post about it on the lauraosnesnetwork tumblr.
- if you are picked, i will send you an ask and you must reply to me within 48 hours. therefore, your ask must be open.
- you don’t really have to follow everyone else in the network since i have no way of actually checking if you do or not, but these are all quality blogs, so why not, right?
- track the tag #lauraosnesnetwork
I mean, I’m not saying that we can enforce this as law or anything. I also might be wrong about this. But:
Just as a general rule, I feel like we should not look at pictures of the breasts or genitalia of people who would rather we not look at pictures of their breasts or genitalia.
As a corollary to that general rule, I would add that I don’t see anything wrong with looking at pictures of breasts or genitalia of people who have invited us to do so. There seem to be plenty such pictures for us to get a reasonably good grasp of, like, the diversity of unclothed human anatomy without having to look at people who wish we wouldn’t.
This seems pretty straightforward to me. Yes, the photographer(s) who photographed Kate Middleton’s grainy distant breasts were violating her privacy. But so do people who choose to look at those pictures.
So maybe we can just agree not to? And this goes not only for princesses, I would argue, but also for people who send things to their romantic partners, who turn out to be jerks and release those photos publicly. Or people whose phones are hacked. etc.
In this world where most every curiosity can be satiated, it seems to me genuinely heroic to resist the urge to look at everything that can be seen, and instead to respect the wishes of those who feel violated or hurt by the availability of images they wish were private.
Seemed a good day to reblog this.
imma watch a few more sourcefed video and i am going to bed
The time our entire design class dressed up for Halloween as the design teacher (who notoriously almost only wore grey sweaters and always had a cafeteria coffee in hand).
I remember him walking down a super long empty hall and we all just turned the corner at the other end and started running towards him and he ran away yelling “FUcK YOU GUYS” and in retrospect I almost can’t believe he didn’t suffer a heart attack.
Pretty sure we won a pizza party for best costume that year.
IVE SEEN THIS ABOUT TEN TIMES AND IM JUST NOW NOTICING THAT THE ACTUAL TEACHER IS IN THE PICTURE TOO